Sunday, January 23, 2011

I think. I talk. You listen. You forget!

Mindless rambling ahead
 ______________________________________________________________


How do you plan things? Have you ever wondered if you had not been behaving the way you were all this while, how else would you've behaved? Sometimes you think A in your head, but B comes out of your mouth. You don't do it intentionally, something, like a force makes you do it. I don't know what it is, but you want to say something, but when the thoughts transform into words, it ends up as something else. Strange but true! Not every emotion, not every thought can be rightly expressed. You may want to term them as inexplicable feelings. The funny thing about them is, in your head you're pretty sure of what you want to say but when it comes down to verbalizing it, you end up not being sure!


Have you tried speaking to yourself? As in, shutting up yourself in a room and having a heart to heart chat with your own self, whenever you feel down and out? If you haven't, then try it. It's so therapeutic. You feel the stress melting away into nothingness. When you think about your problems in your mind, the so called problems have this tendency to attach wings by itself and swell up into bigger monsters. And you don't even realize, all this is happening in your head and not in reality. That's when talking to yourself helps. You may just wanna record your ramblings in your phone and then listen to it afterwards. Trust me, you'll just laugh it off! So all that you thought was weird ends up seeming trivial.


Have you noticed, how everyone keeps telling you about having your life sorted out. That you need to have certain goals in life to make your life seem worthwhile, to you. What if you don't know about yourself? What if, you're one of those individuals who have a lot going on in their mind and picture them clearly in their head but still cannot get down to turning them into reality? Does it happen with you? Or do you belong to that category of people who have their whole life charted out in their diary? You're not sure, where to start from, what path to take?



Life is funny. Life is weird. You have one life to live. One fine day, you wake up, sit down and notice where you're headed to. Having your life figured out is perhaps, the most difficult things to do. Have you figured it out? Do you believe in taking each day as it comes and discovering new things about yourself? Have I figured it out yet? No. Things are jumbled up in my mind. There's so much to do, so much to learn, so many moments to live.


I didn't intend this post to sound like just another 'life post'. The other day, FB told me that I used the word 'life' 13 times in my status updates last year!! And the word 'people' 17 times. Gosh! I kept wondering, when did I become so philosophical? Talking about the aspects of life is, to some extent, directly proportional to philosophy. Phew! I need the spice back in my posts. Guess I should feed myself with some PJs to knock some humor in my head. By the way, I'm more active on twitter. I keep doling out funny one-liners every now and then out there, atleast that's what the people say. =)


When I'm not here, you can always find me here. People keep asking me whether I've stopped writing and I want to tell them, "Hell No!". Then I realized, you cannot always get away with excuses like 'writer's block' (even though that may be true), every single time, coz that makes you feel as if you're some great writer and people have been dying to read your next post!! I've been tweeting like a maniac, you see. *shy school girl grin*
See you around, very soon, I promise. :]


Pic Courtesy: Pilfered from Google





31 comments:

the Stud... said...

Talking to yourself? hmmm... I think I need to rethink a few things.

the Stud... said...

And whats with the sms lingo. This is not twitter miss. Its 'because' and not 'coz'.
:P :)

Shruti said...

@the Stud: Oh! So you re-christened yourself as the stud, eh! What makes you think you are one, in the first place?? :P
When you're done rethinking, do share it here. We'd love to know that. =]
And 'coz' is no longer considered as sms lingo, it's part of the language now! Atleast i think so.

Nidz said...

indeed philosophical but didn't u like it? thinking deep about life, about urself?

Prianca said...

I chanced upon your blog today and yes, I have to admit...I could totally relate to your blog too!
It's nice to come across a good blog after ages...:))
thanks

The Illuminator said...

You must read Achieving Emotional Literacy by Claude Steiner!! That perhaps answers a lot of questions that you have raised.

Good blog. I am gonna follow. See you around :)

Shruti said...

@Nidz: It's been so long since i saw you here missy! Where were you? Ah, the upcoming events have kept you uber busy, right!! :]
Ok, now don't laugh, if you ask me, I'd say, out of the 24 hrs in a day, 16 hrs are spent thinking 'deep' about life. =)

Shruti said...

@Prianca: You chanced upon the blog today!! :O But I vaguely remember you dropping in a comment, long ago!!
Glad to know you liked it. Do come back..! :)

Shruti said...

@The Illuminator: Oh! The title of the book looks like it's one of those fat gyaan dispensing books. But anyway, since you've mentioned it, have you read it? I mean, I'd love to know the answers but why do i get a feeling that I'll sleep through it? ;P
And thank you! :)

Gymnast said...

Oh..i always talk to myself and write to myself too..
And come on , you need no spice or humor in your blog , its perfect as it is..

Surreallist said...

I stumbled upon your blog through the 20-something-bloggers website. Interestin blog you've got here, and hey there's nothing wrong with a lil philosophy =)

Shruti said...

@Gymnast: Ah! It's comforting to know that there are similar people around :)
Spice and humor are two basic ingredients that make a blog re-readable. Dontcha think so? What bigger motivation than people coming back and leaving in some sweet comments each time you write a post. You really don't want people getting bored after reading some sleep inducing post the 1st time they visit your blog. :D

Shruti said...

@Surreallist You think so? Wow, that's some assurance. Thanks for dropping by! :)

Hit Wicked said...

What happened? :)

Shruti said...

@HitWicked Bahut kuch :)

Haddock said...

The problem arises when you don't have time to do a rehersal.
(all said and done Blogging is the best where you can delete add rewrite till you are satisfied with the final outcome)

Trinaa said...

Hmmmm, philosophical sure describes you!

And yes, talking to yourself is therapeutic. But only as long as you keep it a secret. :P

Ria said...

Even i talk to myself a lot of times...and there's nothing wrong in thinking on ur own. The point is not to over do it. :)

P.S Dropped by ur blog from Gymnast's blog.

Shruti said...

@Haddock: Oh! but i don't delete and re-write. I write whatever comes to my mind, most of the time it's unplanned.
But i don't deny deleting some posts out here.. :)

Shruti said...

@Trinaa: First of all, how i love your dp :)
Hmm, that's why i said, talking to yourself behind closed doors. Once i advised someone to do the same and the response was, "Is it an instant cure for insanity?" :D

Shruti said...

@Ria: Right! It works best when you're kinda stressed.
And welcome here :)

The Illuminator said...

@Shruti: Naah. I have done the exercises though and referred to a concise write up of the book ;)

Trinaa said...

Well because I get bored easily! My first blog (called A Simple Life) was the only one I ever paid due respect to. :P

Stopped blogging on it once my life ceased to be simple. ;)

Hopefully Tinned Soup will fare better. :D

Shruti said...

@Illuminator: Ah! As I'd imagined..you have already laid your hands on that book :D
Only shows that there's a huge market for such books *makes a mental note* :]

Shruti said...

@Trinaa: Life turned out to be complicated, eh? ;P
But I really want you to pay respect to Tinned Soup for it meet your expectations..Start scribbling more often :)

Vivek Chamoli said...

Complexity @ its best.
BTW ..looks like you are totally hooked into MKtng.

kabhi Blogosphere mein bhi aa jaaya karo ;)

Nice post.. :)

Take care..
See you...on twitter though its too addictive sometime so I kind off back-off sometime.

Terror #1 said...

Came across from the BS Bar coz (I think its part of the language too) I saw a comment that I could relate to.

I have not quite done the sit n talk to oneself ritual but I do feel the inner dark person talk...We all have the good and the bad side n well you have to encourage both or u'll just end up getting f'd by the other side...

Love the post...will be back for more...

Shruti said...

@Vivek- Sigh! what to do? Dunno how long will I say 'writer's block' and get away with that excuse.. :D
Well, Twitter is addictive. Wish someone could pay us for tweeting..Hee!

Shruti said...

@Terror#1- Oh wow! You came here through Judy's blog. Awesome :)
There you go, you already know what I was talking about. Great to know you liked it..:)
And wonder why you call yourself 'Terror#1'!! :D

Terror #1 said...

Hey...I'm still waiting for the next post to come up...going thru some of ur older posts till then...

I'm called Terror#1 cos the friend who introduced me to blogging calls me a terrorist cos I used to terrorize her wen I was a kid...So I became Terror#1...its better than my other nickname...couldnt blog with that id...

RoHiT Iyer said...

Hahahah as much as you didn't want this to sound like a Life Post, it did sound like one *sigh!*!! :D.. Hahaha well, free ka twitter ad too.. You've a cOoL blog, only the theme's a little too I-dunno-what-it's-like!:P. A change in the theme'd look really nice on your blog.. keep writing!! \m/

--
RoHiT
dial-a-denial.blogspot.com